mandag den 29. april 2013

5 tips to lose weight


Hey guys, I just wanted to do a little monday motivation blog post for you guys about losing weight. Keep in mind that I am not a professionnel, and these tips are my own tips for you guys.

1. Be realistic


What do you see when you look in the mirror? 
Usually we tend to see ourselves as ugly flappy creatures when trying to lose weight, when in reality right infront of you stands a beautiful soul. SKINNY IS NOT THE WAY TO GO, HEALTHY IS! If you didn't know it, being skinny as a stick can be just as dangerous as being obese. Keep in mind that you are beautiful no matter what size you are.

2. Dieting is a no go

If you decide to be healthy and lose a bit of weight, then yay that is good for you. 
When you start this health kick then don't buy into all these so call diets. Being healthy is a lifestyle that your body needs you to remain throughout your life... your body will thank you for it.
People often thinks that in order to lose weight you only have to exercise... WRONG. Food has a lot of saying in whether or not you lose the weight.

3. Exercise

Get up and get moving. Go for a run outside and enjoy your surroundings, if you can't run, then go for a power walk. Studies show that power walks does wonders for your body. Join a gym with a buddie, or do it alone if you prefer that (personally I like going alone - I enjoy my "me-time"). 
If you can't afford a gym membership, look videos up on youtube. A home gym is just as good for your body as a pro gym. you can even do cardio at home... I use dancing games and training games on the xbox for my little cardio fix on those days when I don't want to go outside. You all know does days when it is raining and home is just the place to be.

4. Change it up

If you have found the perfect fitness/cardio/running routine and you master it like a superstar, it might be time to switch it up with a new little exercise routine. If you do the same exercise over and over again, day after day, your body becomes used to that training session and not much will happen. Mix it up or add in some new moves to your routine. I usually switch up my youtube playlist workout every week.

5. Have fun

Lets face it, you are not gonna stick to exercising and eating healthy if it's becoming a chore. Find something that makes YOU happy, no matter if it makes you look silly or just totally weird. If people look at you funny it's their problem, not yours. They are probably just jealous that you are comfortable enough to have fun no matter what. I never thought I could do dance workouts infront of my bf, but I am having so much fun that I don't care... I just laugh it off. And now he is the one cheering me on.
Make food fun. Make dinner with a friend or your bf/gf... Not only is it fun, it can also be romantic and very healthy.
Healthy food doesn't have to taste bad, you can actually find some pretty good recipes online.

I hope this motivated you guys a little :)

Have a kick ass day, and take every day as it comes.

- Mie

1 kommentar:

  1. Nicely written!! You make so much sense and it should be fairly easy to at least take baby steps towards this kind of plan. I think this was very helpful! and will try to keep in mind I dont need to be a twig lol. but then you better get that damn Mila Kunis a cheeseburger and fries because she is making me jealous.;)

    SvarSlet